Name the Celebrity/Name the Celebrity’s more famous sibling.
- Rivers Phoenix/Joaquin Phoenix
- Casey Affleck/Ben Affleck
- Kevin Dillon/Matt Dillion
- Chris Penn/Sean Penn
- Hayley Duff/Hillary Duff
- Luke Wilson/Owen Wilson
- Ashlee Simpson/Jessica Simpson
- Dave Franco/James Franco
- Donnie Walberg/ Mark Wahlberg
- Clint Howard/ Ron Howard
- You can find this pilots plane at the national air and space museum. It was the first to make a transatlantic flight. 1 point for the name of the pilot, 1 point for the plane’s name. Charles Limburg’s Spirit of St Louis
- Actor John Goodman is from St Louis. What famous baseball player did he portray in a bio pic? Babe Ruth
- What major river runs through St Louis? Mississippi.
- This poet laureate was born in St Louis. She’s best known for her autobiography I know why the cage bird sings. Maya Angelou
- This national sports broadcaster is from St Louis, just like his father. If youre wondering, yes he does in fact hate your favorite team. Who is he? Joe Buck
- Actor Jon Hamm is from St Louis. He won a golden globe for playing this character on the hit AMC show Mad Men. Don Draper
- The 2002 crime thriller Red Dragon was set in St Louis. It is a prequel to this Oscar winning movie from 1992. Silence of the Lambs
- This recently deceased actor/director was born in St Louis. He’s probably best known for his role as Egon Spangler in Ghost Busters. Harold Ramis
- The Lewis and Clark expedition ended in St Louis. What was the name of the indian women who accompanied them acting as an interpreter and a guide? Sacagawea
- Kurt Warner went from unknown grocery bagger, to backup QB, and eventually the winning QB in the Superbowl in 1999 for the Rams. What was the name of the QB who got injured, which opened the door for Warner’s stardom? Trent Green
Bonus Point. How many miles long is the Mississippi river? 2340 miles
American Citizenship Test
- Where does Congress meet? Capitol in Washington DC
- Who becomes President if the President and Vice President die? Speaker of the house of representatives
- What country did we fight during the revolutionary war? England
- Can the constitution be changed? Yes
- How many times may a senator be reelected? There is no limit
- What are the two major political parties in the US Today? Republicans Democrats
- What did the emancipation proclamation do? Outlawed slavery
- Who selects the supreme court justices? The President
- Name three rights or freedoms guaranteed by the bill of rights (1 point for each).
- The right of freedom of speech, press, religion, peaceable assembly and requesting change of government.
- The right to bear arms (the right to have weapons or own a gun, though subject to certain regulations).
- The government may not quarter, or house, soldiers in the people’s homes during peacetime without the people’s consent.
- The government may not search or take a person’s property without a warrant.
- A person may not be tried twice for the same crime and does not have to testify against him/herself.
- A person charged with a crime still has some rights, such as the right to a trial and to have a lawyer.
- The right to trial by jury in most cases.
- Protects people against excessive or unreasonable fines or cruel and unusual punishment.
- The people have rights other than those mentioned in the Constitution.
- Any power not given to the federal government by the Constitution is a power of either the states or the people.
- What are the colors of the American Flag? Red White & Blue
TIE BREAKER: how many people became US Citizens in 2010? 675,967
- He was the first openly gay person to be elected to public office when he won a seat on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. Harvey Milk
- In what decade did they start construction on the Golden Gate bridge? Bonus point if you get the exact year correct. 1933
- The San Francisco Cable Car is the only type of this national landmark. Mobile
- What popular social network started in San Francisco? Twitter
- What food is marketed as the San Francisco treat? Rice a Roni
- “The Catch” is one of the most famous plays in NFL history when in the 1982 NFC championship game Joe Montana hit this WR in the back of the endzone with 58 seconds left to send the 49ers to the Super Bowl. Dwight Clark
- How many people have successfully escaped Alcatraz prison? None
- Why are the 49ers named after? 1849 Gold Rush
- The new version of Planet of the Apes is set in San Francisco. What is the name of James Franco’s ape who becomes extremely intelligent and leads the other apes. Ceaser
- Within 2 how many confirmed deaths were at the hand of the Zodiac Killer? 5
TIE BREAKER: How many prisoners tried to escape Alcatraz prison? 36
- Monks Diner? Seinfeld
- Peach Pit? 90210
- Central Perk? Friends
- The Max? Saved by the bell
- Chubbies Famous? Boy Meets World
- Arnolds? Happy Days
- The Mystic Grill? Vampire Diaries
- Moes? The Simpsons
- Paddys Pub? Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- MacLarens Pub? How I Met Your Mother
TIE BREAKER: How many episodes of the Simpsons have there been? 552